Friday, April 6, 2012

Chinese Rice

I didn't want to call this "fried rice" because I didn't fry it. But it was still a yummy side. 
Chinese Rice
Adapted from THRIVE cookbook "Ham fried rice" p.94.

2 Cups THRIVE white rice
5 cups water
2 tsp THRIVE chicken bouillon
1/4 cup THRIVE chopped onions
1/4 cup THRIVE carrot dices
1/2 cup THRIVE Green Peas
1 tsp THRIVE salt
6 TBSP low-sodium soy sauce

*I use a rice cooker so I'm going to give the directions for that. But if you don't, just follow the instructions on the rice for cooking on the stove-top. 

To a rice cooker add the rice, water, bouillon and onions - set to cook.
5 minutes before its done add the carrot dices & green peas. When it is done transfer the rice to a larger bowl or serving platter so it is easier to stir in the salt and soy sauce (I learned this the hard way). 

Then serve & enjoy! We had it with grilled chicken and THRIVE broccoli.

By using THRIVE vegetables my prep time was cut in half - actually less, I just popped open the can measured the veggies and threw them in the dish!
I think will start taking pictures of my THRIVE creations! 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment