Friday, April 6, 2012

Why THRIVE?


 My husband and I became interested in Shelf Reliance when we decided that it was time to build up our food storage. Shelf Reliance's line of food, THRIVE attracted me to the company because it was food that we could incorporate into our daily lives as well as stock up on for the future. I didn't want to go the traditional dehydrated food route because I knew I would never use it - if nothing happened for 30 years then the food would expire and it would be wasted; with THRIVE we incorporate it into our daily meals and I know it wont ever go bad. And because of my history with cancer we have decided to minimize our consumption of traditional canned food from the grocery store because of possible exposure to BPA.
 We love having a home store! Its great when I run out of something I can just go into my home store and grab a can of milk or eggs to use in recipes, chicken to cook with, fruit to snack on, and vegetables to use in everyday cooking. Most THRIVE foods are freeze dried (they are flash frozen and then have 99% of the moisture removed) so you just add some water and the food comes back to life and is delicious, it tastes just like its supposed too. Some of our favorite snacks are the apples and strawberries, we eat them just like they come out of the can. I personally love  THRIVE chicken because once its rehydrated it just chopped boiled chicken ready to use in a lot of different ways. I also enjoy having vegetables on hand that wont go bad! I have never been able to use an entire bunch of celery before it went bad, but with THRIVE celery I just use what I need and put the can back in the pantry, and its good for 18 months once its opened! Most THRIVE food will last 25-30 years unopened and 6 months - 18 months opened.
  I hope you can enjoy THRIVE foods as much as we go and that it will help you with everyday meal prep, time saved, and getting nutritious foods.

No comments:

Post a Comment